Monday, July 13, 2009

Interesting

The last few weeks have the odd distinction of being totally action-packed with the feeling that I've been doing absolutely nothing. Probably because almost everything I'm doing is so mundane--cleaning out the house, dealing with bills, taking care of my gardens and the outside of the house generally. There have been a few trips here and there, and I've been absorbed in various books now that I am on an American literature and history kick. (Don't ask me why. I honestly don't know).

I've been so busy that I've even cut down on social networking (i.e., Facebook, Twitter, etc.), though I still check in each day. One thing I haven't given up is my daily viewing of my RSS feeds, and of course fark.com.

Here is a compilation of the "interesting" items I've come across in the last couple of weeks:

1. House Cats Know What They Want and How to Get It From You

Well duh. As if I needed a science blog to tell me that.

2. Troublesome spirits? Don't call TAPS. File a lawsuit:
Family Sues Genie, Alleges Harassment

3. Speaking of lawsuits:

Wells Fargo Sues Self, Hires Lawyers to Respond


This sounds like that old joke about the Beatles (used in the Rutles), where they all sued each other and one sued himself accidentally. Only it's not a joke. All I can say is that I'm glad I sold off my Wells Fargo mortgage 5 years ago...

4. In religion news--this is VERY cool, I can't wait to take a look at it:

Oldest Known Bible Goes Online


5. Since we're talking about Western religion, we should balance discussion of God with that of the Devil. Of course, these are all literary and film devils:

A Mashup of Devils


6. And some science thrown in, oldies but goodies:

More Richard Feynman Explanations



7. Swearing apparently relieves pain. My Dad must be in a lot of pain when he drives:

Why the &*^% Do We Swear?


8. Lastly--what could be better than a cat and a physics joke?

I'm in yr space-time...

No comments: