Saturday, April 17, 2010

Looking To Be A Nicer Person? Well, You Might Want To Look Elsewhere...

Okay, I'm cheating a little bit here today, but I couldn't help it. This is courtesy of my friend Mark at Youdopia.com.

I don't know if this happens in other countries, but here in the United States, some religious groups advertise their beliefs right along with other television commercials. The Mormons are one such group, which is not surprising, as they've always been big on door-to-door marketing. However, the risk often run with such TV advertising is that someone is going to make a parody of your commercial. As an H.P. Lovecraft fan, I was delighted to see a parody of a commercial advertising the Book of Mormon, which advertises the Necronomicon instead.

Here is the original commercial by the Mormons:




And here's the parody:



Thank you, Mark!

1 comment:

Mark said...

YAY! I'm tickled that you yoinked the Necronomicon ad. It's really funny.

Thank you for the shout out, Brigid!